Domestic Violence Services
Community Advocacy Programs are available in the following counties:
- Blue Earth
Community Advocacy Programs focus on:
- Immediate Arrest Intervention
- 24 Hour Services
- Safety Planning
- Accompaniment to Court
- Information and Referral
- Advocacy and Support
- Spanish/English services
- Community Education Programs
Facts About Domestic Violence
- 13 women and 10 children were murdered in Minnesota in 2003 as the result of domestic violence. Minnesota Coalition for Battered women 2003 Femicide Report.
- In 2003, 6,347 women and 6,578 children were provided with emergency safe housing. Office of Justice Programs, Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
- In 2003, almost 65,000 primary and secondary victims received services from Minnesota's battered women's programs. Office of Justice Programs, Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
- One of every three homeless women in MN is homeless at least in part due to domestic violence. Wilder Research Center, 2003
- 70 percent of domestic violence victims were victimized more than once in 2001. Domestic violence victims accounted for over a quarter of all violent crime victims in 2001. 2002 Minnesota Crime Survey
- Over 80 percent of victims of domestic violence in MN did not report the incidents to law enforcement. 2002 Minnesota Crime Survey
- 13,016 Orders for Protection were filed in Minnesota in 2003. Minnesota State Court Administrator's Office